Texas Review Press 2016 Book Competitions
Robert Phillips Poetry Chapbook Prize for best poetry chapbook
(online submission deadline 6/15);
manuscripts up to 40 pp.
X. J. Kennedy Poetry Prize for best full-length book of poetry
(online submission deadline 7/15);
manuscripts up to 100 pp.
George Garrett Fiction Prize for best book of stories or short novel
(online submission deadline 9/15); CLICK HERE to submit
manuscripts up to 250 pp.
Clay Reynolds Novella Prize for best novella
(online submission deadline 10/15); CLICK HERE to submit
manuscripts up to 150 pp.
- We accept ONLY Electronic Submissions.
- Manuscripts handled as blind submissions at all levels of judging.
- A reading fee of $20 must accompany each submission.
- Winning manuscripts will be published the year after acceptance.
- Winners will receive 20 free copies of their books.
- Initial judging by a network of published writers.
- Final ranking by established American writers.
- Use the links provided above to submit.
The most recent winners of our competions:
George Garrett Fiction Prize:
2015 winner: Jeff Jones (Moscow, Idaho)
for a novel called Love Give Us One Death
X.J. Kennedy Poetry Prize:
2015 winner: Gwen Hart (Storm Lake, Iowa)
for The Empress of Kisses
(final judge—Beth Ann Fennelly)
Clay Reynolds Novella Prize:
2015 winner: Rusty Dolleman (West Paris, Maine)
for The Megabucks
(Final Judge--Clay Reynolds)
Robert Phillips Poetry Chapbook Prize:
2016 winner: Mike Schneider (Pittsburgh, PA)
for How Many Faces Do You Have?
(selected by Richard Foerster)
Texas Review Press Breakthrough Poetry Prize: Texas
rile & heave by Lindsay Illich
(selected by Will Wright)
For further information, Contact:
DO NOT MAIL MANUSCRIPTS
Texas Review Press