X.J. Kennedy Poetry Prize Submission Guidelines
David M. Parsons, 2011 Texas Poet Laureate, to Judge in 2017
X.J. Kennedy is a distinguished poet, translator, anthologist, editor, and author of children's literature and textbooks on English literature and poetry. The list of awards Kennedy has won for his poetry includes the Poetry Society of America's Robert Frost Medal for lifetime service to poetry in 2009.
David Parsons has been the recipient of many honors and awards including: a National Endowment of Humanities Dante Fellowship to the State University of New York, the French-American Legation Poetry Prize, and the 2006 Baskerville Publisher's Prize from Texas Christian University for an outstanding poem published in their literary journal, Descant. He holds eight Writing Awards from the Lone Star College System. He was inducted into The Texas Institute of Letters in 2009.
- We only accept online submissions through Submittable.
- Manuscripts may contain up to 100 double-spaced pages.
- Author’s name must not appear anywhere on the manuscript.
- The author’s contact information, including a standard cover letter with bio is to be typed into the online form provided by Submittable.
- A reading fee of $20 must accompany each manuscript.
- Winning manuscripts will be published the year after acceptance.
- Winners will receive 20 free copies of their books.
- The Winner will be announced on the Texas Review Press website.
- CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT
Previous Winners of the XJ Kennedy Poetry Prize
click covers to read about each book or buy a copy